You know I know how, to make you stop and stare

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Happy November! Attitude of Gratitude post to come... in the meantime...


I don't know if you have heard, but
******drumroll please******

McDonald's has brought back the MCRIB!!!!





This cult phenomenon hasn't been sold nationwide since 1994, and will be at every McDonald's for the next 6 weeks.

Now, I hope you're wondering why I care? (no, of course I'm not a cult fan)
(in fact, I had never had a McRib when I read all about this)

Well, after reading this statement given by
Brian Goodman, 27, of Grand Forks, N.D., talking about his devotion to the sandwich: "I am a huge fan of the McRib, and I am glad to have it back," he said. "I just happen to find this really gross, deformed pork patty to be delicious." That pretty much says it all.



I was sold. Intrigue set in... could the perfect blend of gross be overcome by delicious?
(Well, if you've had a McGriddle... you can emphatically answer, YES)

So, Cary and I went on a midnight run to McDonald's to find out what all the fuss was about. We were a little disappointed by the line, but after getting our goods we drove to a park and partook of our "delicious, gross deformed pork patty."

CONCLUSION: McRib is not really worthy of the cult fan following or dedicated websites
(see McRib Locator)

However, midnight runs to McDonald's with your s.o.
= a fun date

(I guess all our ideas in high school weren't so bad)

0 comments:

Post a Comment