Mama always young and beautiful

Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Yesterday was my first mother's day (although, I sort of counted being pregnant and home to a kicking baby as my first... but we won't get into that).

I am overwhelmed with all the feelings I want to share about mother's, but I feel that I lack the eloquence to express my feelings, so let me just say I am so grateful to be a mother to Zoey. I have learned more in the last 6 months about love, sacrifice, and who I want to be than in my previous 25 years. I believe the gift of children is more for the teaching and educating of the parents than the children. I am so grateful for the deeper understanding of my savior's love for all his children as I begin to comprehend the magnitude of love I have for this tiny girl.

I also want to express my deepest gratitude for my own mother. I have only begun to glimpse what my mother gave up for me, and my benefit and learning to be where I am today. The sacrifice that started with her body and followed with time, love and support, care and concern, her desires in exchange for mine. I marvel at what our mother's give to us, and marvel even more that my mom continued to sacrifice so that I (a 4th child) could be born into my family.

I am also grateful for my wonderful grandmother's, and cary's mother, whose influence on me and those people most important in my life has undoubtedly made me a better person.

And, to all the sisters, sister-in-laws, aunts, cousins and friends who make such a profound impact on Zoey and me, thank you.

Also, if you have one more moment to reflect on motherhood (I know the big day was yesterday, but...) Elder Holland gives praise much better than I ever will.

Happy Mother's Day.

1 comments:

Ashley said...

I really didn't realize how much I appreciated my mother until I became one myself. Hope your first (official) Mother's Day was wonderful!!

Post a Comment