I belong with you, you belong with me

Thursday, April 4, 2013

In Zoey news....



... We are working on our p's and q's. Sometimes I hand her a cup while she has her pacifier in, and she responds thank you. But, I can't understand her so I ask her to take out her pacifier and repeat herself, she then screams "THANK YOU!!!"

I choose to just be glad she says thank you every time.

... She has learned to bow her head and fold her arms during prayers, but if the prayer is too long, she lifts her head and says "DONE. done, done done." No idea where her impatience comes from... ;)

... Before Cary will hand her anything she wants, he makes her name 5 body parts or tell him the different sounds made by at least 5 animals. She usually plays along, unless she's having a real sassy day and then she purposely answers every question wrong with a smug smile. Too smart for her own good!


                                                       (She loves seeing the chickens)

... We decided to participate in Easter Egg hunts this year. My expectations were extremely low to say the least, but Zoey blew me away. She pointed to an egg right away and I told her to go put it in her basket, and then she just went to town. She was pretty stoked to collect a bunch of eggs, and even more stoked when she realized they had chocolate! (yeah, I'm just now learning that parents of young children put healthy treats in the eggs, or stickers, or little toys... don't judge me for eating way too much candy with my 1 year old!)



... We had the stomach flu, and Zoey decided she was ok watching a movie (never sat through a movie before) as long as it was Disney's Tangled. I was very ok with this since it's a great movie. However after 3 days of watching it on repeat all day, she seems to think this is an acceptable routine and asks every morning to "watch, watch?"

I know... it sounds bad. Don't judge me.

... Zoey finally has some hair! and she brings me rubberbands every day and asks for a ponytail. Only problem is... she doesn't have much hair and it's very fine. But we do the best we can.



... According to the pediatrician she has an extremely advanced vocabulary for her age. She repeats everything, which mostly just makes me laugh and totally catches strangers off guard. Most people just don't expect her to answer their questions. But my favorite is still that when she wakes up at 6:30 she screams "DA-DEE" and then if I go in to get her she sits down and says "no, want da-dee." No loyalty I tell ya...

... And Zoey stats just for my own comparisons down the line.
She'll be 17 months in a week, and she's about 23 lbs.
She still wears a size 2 diaper.
She's outgrown her 9-12 month clothes in length but the 12 mo and up clothes just fall off because she doesn't have enough chub to hold anything up.
She has become a very picky eater. It's frustrating. But she loooovvveeees chocolate. That girl is just like her dad. I think she learned how to say chocolate around 14 months that's how deep the love runs.

1 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm definitely the mom that loads up the Easter eggs with chocolate. No shame in that. We went to a bday the other day, and Walker had 3 cupcakes. I'm not even going to pretend like he didn't. 2 I gave him, and 1 he snuck.

She really does have an advanced vocab!!

Tangled is a great movie :-) !!! But no movie is great after back to back showings...well, except for Pitch Perfect.

Post a Comment