Once and for all there's a fire inside me that won't stop burning

Monday, February 9, 2009

Thank You Technology Super Geniuses who have blessed my life with the ipod and it's respective shuffle option.

After a gruelling swim practice this morning, I got in my car to face the snowy/slushy roads ahead and what came on my ipod, but..... drumroll please.... OPEN THE GATES AND SEIZE THE DAY! DON'T BE AFRAID AND DON'T DELAY. NOTHING CAN BREAK US NO ONE CAN MAKE US, GIVE OUR RIGHTS AWAY.... ARISE AND SEIZE THE DAY!

Now seriously what is more motivating than newsies at 8 am. So of course I listened to the whole soundtrack. I suppose some of my motivation could definitely be attributed to the weekend, but I'm ready. I'm ready to seize the day, and the week. Bring it on!



(The only negative in all of this, was the thought that perhaps when the ten year olds of today are my age, they will feel about High School Musical how I feel about Newsies. Sick. Seize the Day is ten times better than we're all in this together.)

3 comments:

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

I got a kick out of this post. I love Newsies and you're right about the High School Musical. It just makes me feel so old to think that way, though. :)

jessamyn said...

Ha ha, I'm not sure my husband could choose between Newsies and HSM... he is obsessed with both, no joke. But I'm totally with you, Newsies any day... I think I saw this movie for the first time at your house and of course I was the only one who didn't know every single word to every song!
ps I tagged you!

jessamyn said...

oh and one more thing... you could totally use this post title again when you're pregnant and having crazy heartburn.

Post a Comment