She doesn't own a dress, her hair is always messy

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

So Zoey had her 2 year check up and is 33 inch tall and 25 lbs. If you believe the saying double your kids height at age 2 and that will be their final height... 5'6'' is respectable. I'm very happy about this ;)

Zoey has also fully embraced the "terrible two's" and I'm struggling with all the tantrums and lashing out; however, at least the girl makes me laugh every day and that makes life better.

Now on to my favorite Zoeyisms of the past week:

-Zoey loves putting on her dad's deodorant. She sneaks into the bathroom when I'm detained with Tucker and smears it all over her armpits and belly. It's weird, at best, to have your 2 year old daughter reek of Old Spice.




-When I tell her she has to hold my hand to cross the street she looks at me matter of factly and says I hold this hand (then grabs her own hand) and walks right into the street.

-Peoples huh? (Her ice breaker throughout the day, said everywhere in relation to anything)

-She loves the disney channel cartoon Doc McStuffins, and so she bought a dr kit with her birthday money. She loves to give me check ups and this is how the latest went...

Z: "Mom, checky heart"
M: "Ok zoey, check my heart"
Z: "Cry Mom"
M: "You want me to cry?"
Z: "Yes"
M: I proceed to fake cry
Z: "Oh don't cry, it don't hurt. I checky knees.... (Big eyes) OH there's a spider in there! You ok. Checky eyes, Checky ears find out how much you grow! (starts singing the Doc McStuffins theme song)

(The take away: Zoey has excellent language skills for a 2 year old. We watch too much tv still. And she's aware of my spider fears and may some day use it against me)

-She's learned most of the song "I am a child of God," but when she gets to the end she sings "teach me all that I must do... to HALLOWEEN!!!!" and then we've lost her. 

-Several months ago she would just yell at us to pray. all. the. time. Now she's decided to interject during prayers what she wants. So we had her say the bedtime prayer last night:

"Thank you for dinner, for juice, for milk, for water, umm yeah, AMEN!"




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The deodorant and spider comments had me laughing out loud, what a little stinker! She is precious!

Stefani said...

So funny! Josie does the same thing with hand holding, except she says, "No! Hold Josie's hand!" And then holds her own hands. Soo...our girls should hang out, I guess. :-)

Ashley said...

Haha!!! Zoey sounds like so much fun!! My boys love deodorant, too. I'm not sure what that's all about. And we love Doc McStuffins, too!!

Post a Comment