And I got that red lip classic thing that you like

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Well, hello there! 

I wish you could hear how Zoey bounced into my room at 4:30 this morning and said "Gooood Morning!" in the most chipper voice I've ever heard!

Anyhow, let's get down to business... nothing like my new years resolution post to bring me out of a 6 month blogging hiatus.


2014 Resolutions Recap

1. Read the entire Standard Works: Check!!!

 (Ok, I have a couple pages to finish up, but I will get that done this week) I'm really proud of myself for doing this, although it became much harder than I expected once Tucker became a crazy toddler, we moved to a house that takes more care, and work got crazy. I ended up listening to a lot of the scriptures while cleaning and doing chores which makes certain things stick out and also caused me to not quite get the in depth study I was hoping. 

The great take away is that I used to think God was harsh and angry in the Old Testament, well let's just say now that I have a 2 year old I understand so much better...

2. Run a half marathon: Check!!! 

I was hoping to get under 2 hours, but I came in at 2 hours 8 minutes. I'm still very proud of myself since it was my first real race and the course was crazy hilly.

I have not run once since though... so much for developing a love for running ;/

3. Cut out negative talk around Zoey: Major Fail. 

This will get readdressed this year. Obviously I needed a SMART-er goal

4. Once a month spend an hour learning about photography: Not a total fail

I did bust out the real cameras much more often this year, but rather than learning how to take good photos I just take about 20 of each shot and hope for a good one...

I'm already making up for this fail by taking a photography class at Durham Tech (oh how Cary is loving making fun of me for being a "durham tech student"). He's snooty, that one. 


Overall, I'm pretty proud of my year, but excited for the much needed improvements to come in 2015!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wahhoo!! :)

Post a Comment