How did our eyes get so red?

Sunday, September 30, 2012

My four readers have asked about the photography class I mentioned in the last post.

It was a church class, taught by Shallyse Gastelum, her website is http://freshpoppyphotography.com. And I happened upon a photographer that just wrote out the same tips on a blogpost friday. So for the excellent tips I learned (written better than I could have reiterated) go to http://www.martawrites.com/2012/09/10-expert-tips-for-better-photographs.html

A few other words of wisdom I found helpful:

-Catch all of your kids personality, the serious, the temper tantrums, the quiet moments, as well as the happy moments

-Toddlers will cooperate better if you give them two choices... i.e. would you rather sit on the couch or the blanket to take a picture

-Capture your day to day: bathtime, breakfast, playing with favorite toys... this will help you remember your children as they were at that age.

-Get in the pictures with your kids. SOOOO hard for me. I hate most pics of myself. But your kids will want to know that you were there playing with them, having fun, and it's great to capture the connection you share.

A little fuzzy, she still moves too fast for my point and shoot.

Check out those eyelashes!

1 comments:

Ashley said...

That's one thing my mom has always told me....get in the pictures with your kdis!!! I have TONS of pictures with my dad, but not a ton with my mom because she was always the one behind the camera!

Post a Comment