All the lights are changing green to red

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

SAN DIEGO: The land of much desert and not so much dessert...

Cary and I just got back from all our travels, and now I have a trashed apartment, no food, and no job (aka a lot to tackle). So what do I do... update you on my honeymoon of course!

First let me address the major letdown that was San Diego's dessert scene.

-Our first night in S.D. we ate at a delicious Italian restaurant recommended by the hotel. The food was ridiculously expensive, but we didn't care since it was equally fantastic. That is, until we get our dessert. Rather full I decided to just have a chocolate gelato. So it comes out and it's 1.5 scoops (read: tiny) and then when we get the bill it was $10!!! Seriously! You have got to be kidding me (read: ruined experience)

-Ghirardelli: This is usually a bankable dessert stop in the few major cities forunate enough to claim it's presence, but our sundae was subpar (probably because we were breaking the sabbath and eating out on sunday)

-Extraordinary desserts: Let me just say with a name like this, expectations are high. Carla's review: more a feast for the eyes than the mouth. There were a lot of cakes, fancy european desserts, homemade ice cream, and nasty cookies. We had two pieces of cake, and while it was good, for $10 a slice you expect it to be mouth watering, something different, something worth returning to S.D. for, yet it mostly reminded me of my favorite Cheesecake Factory desserts and left me wishing we could have gone to The Cheesecake Factory.



-Heavenly Cupcake: Seriously! It was featured on GMA and left soooo much to be desired. Their cupcakes are dry and unimaginative. For a truly fulfilling cupcake hit up Provo's own The sweet tooth fairy, they are the most amazing cupcakes to ever grace my tastebuds!






Ok, but honestly, the honeymoon was a blast. Such a fun vacation... and I'll post all about it after I clean the house some :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment