I missed you so bad

Friday, July 27, 2012

I was reading one of my favorite blogs, Tidbits from the Tremaynes, and she posted about how much she loves summer HERE.

It reminded me of summer as a kid, and also got me thinking how I want to be that mom (but Zoey's not quite big enough), and then I really started reminiscing about the past several summers and started missing my Utah peeps.

I miss playing murder in the dark and other night games in the church building til midnight.

I miss laying out at Seven Peaks followed by Slurpees.

I miss movies in the park, where we spent more time gossiping via text than watching the movie.

I miss volleyball, badminton, bocce, and capture the flag games as soon as the sun went down.

I miss sunday pot lucks up the canyon!



I miss double dates at Trafalga, followed by ice cream, Sweet Tooth fairy or what not.

I miss getting the girls together for So You Think You Can Dance.

I miss our crazy girls v boys competitions during "ward prayer."

I miss cupcake/pie shakes at Sammy's during happy hour.



I miss the many roadtrips.

I could probably go on forever, but we get the point. I had some good summers in Utah, and...

I miss the friends. I love being back in NC, where I've made wonderful new friends, and reconnected with old friends... but I'll always miss my Utah peeps. In some ways they just get me...

0 comments:

Post a Comment