It's that time of year again

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Goals, goals, how I love me some goals!

The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never score.
— Bill Copeland

I've been pretty dedicated about New Years Resolutions for a while now, but I started using blogging as an accountability tool in 2011. Past new years goals here: 2011, 2012, 2013

So a recap of 2013

1. Read entire standard works: FAIL. But I restarted my little calendar in November and am 2 months strong now.

2. Rosetta Stone in Spanish: FAIL. Pregnancy beat me on this one.

3. Keep in touch with friends/family once a month: BETTER, but not where I wanted to be. I think I texted family members more often and called some friends, but I wanted these relationships to be more meaningful and less superficial. I also wanted it to become a habit more than a goal I had to remind myself to achieve.

4. Fitness Maintenance: SUCCESS! (ha, well at least I did one. I weigh the same I did at the beginning of the year... My Santa's bringing Sexy back challenge was almost a success, just 1/2 a lb off my 10 lb weight loss goal)


So... I failed. A lot. 

This is reminiscient of the year I had Zoey. Obviously babies/pregnancy throws me off a bit. I need to keep this in mind as I set my goals for this year. I'm still hashing out what exactly is most important to me to set as my year long focus, because as Napoleon Hill said:

"A goal is a dream with a deadline."

Stay tuned... tomorrow's the 2014 reveal...


0 comments:

Post a Comment