The weather outside is frightful

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's hard to want to swim when there's snow on the ground. I'll be honest. I'm not really a winter person. I like a good snow storm. Sledding is fun, and cuddling up with tons of blankets and watching movies all day is fun. But it's not realistic to do this for 6 months out of the year. So I prefer warm weather with a token snow storm once or twice a year.

Too bad I still live in Utah, and I have to scrape an inch of snow off my car that has accumulated during the 2 hours of swim practice this morning...

I guess all I'm left with is the mormon approach... that I'm supposed to learn something from this, and that's when I turn to wise words once uttered by Albert Camus.

"In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

0 comments:

Post a Comment