You pull me closer to love

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I'm leaving for Germany!

Holy cow, it's been a little crazy getting to this point, but I'm leaving at the end of the week. And I can't help but want to give my shout-outs...

I keep thinking of the lyrics from Wicked's "For Good":

I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you....

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good


Ok, ok this post is starting to sound like I'm dying, or moving permanently which is not the case, but as it is a new year, full of new year's resolutions and all that jazz, it's a great time to thank all of those who have definitely made an impact on my life over the past year or two in P-town.



Jo: My friend, my confidant, my partner in crime, my roommate, my consultant, my voice of reason, the list goes on and on. I am surely better because of our friendship and I count my blessings everyday for having moved into your apartment in august 2007. Thanks.



Those who made work at the macshack bearable. Lots to name, none of which actually read my blog, but good co-workers make all the difference at work and they're free on call therapists/life coaches/motivational speakers/career counselors/comedians and overall just good friends. Thanks.






To my roadtrip buddies: Cassie and Dee you guys are awesome friends. It's not just anybody that I would choose to spend any amount greater than thirty minutes in the car with, and give me a car and a credit card and the two of you are definitely on the top of my list for an adventure. Thanks.



Becca: You just encourage me to do all the crazy things that pop into my mind, and for that you are truly awesome. It takes a remarkable friend to encourage craziness, and an even better one to join in. Thanks.



Cary: You definitely impacted my last half of the year for the better. And though some boyfriends would never forgive me moving 5,000 miles away... you said "it's not everyday you get to see the world carla morgan, just make sure to come back" Thanks for being the best "on-pause" boyfriend I've ever had (and no, that is not mocking the fact that you're the only "on-pause boyfriend" I've ever had).

So here's to another crazy year... can't wait to catch up over some Kneaders/Zupas/Cafe Rio/Hospital food/and everywhere else we frequent.

3 comments:

Shelli said...

I'm so glad that you cleared up what was happening between you and Cary for all inquiring minds.

An on-pause boyfriend. Sounds interesting. Also, please come back sometime soon.

And have a blast! I'll be looking forward to all the crazy German stories coming your way.

LOVE YOU!

DeeAura said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...just don't forget about our impending roadtrip when you get back and have had sufficient time to recover. :) I love you I love you I love you!!! And I'm so excited for your Germany adventures. :)

I just still look for you whenever I pass your apartment. That part's just not fair. * sigh *

Annika said...

Dear Carla Cankles

I can see that you take nice photos and add them to your blog for others to see. I started a website called Theme hunt (www.themehunt.ca).P.S, this is not a virus. My name is Annika Gofton and I live in Guelph. Every week there will be a different theme word. Then you can make a separate entry to your blog: „Themehunt – dogs“ (this weeks theme is dogs). And then you can copy your entrys URL to my site. That is how other people can see what photos did you find and people can comment.They have to be taken by you. I am trying to create a little friendly community of people who take part of theme hunt every week and give/take feedback-comments. Hope you want to join. Check the site for rules...and there are already 3 added links for this weeks theme – Dog(s).

Post a Comment