Just when i was low, feeling short of stable

Monday, July 28, 2008

My self-esteem has taken a rather large blow recently upon realizing that I have been working at Macaroni Grill for almost a year. As I attempt to look for other jobs that provide a little more in the department of satisfaction when going to work, I realize that a year at Macaroni Grill is hardly a shining beacon on my resume. Sadly, misery likes company, and I find solace in my friends who have had, or are having a similarly hard time figuring out the next phase of life. Sometimes it's just good to know you're not alone.

On a happier note, I get tired of explaining what I'm doing with my life, so I tell everyone that I aspire to be Tinkerbell and fly over the Castle at Disneyland. Anyhow, I just wanted the world to know that my mom is the best, and to help keep my dreams alive, she just mailed me a tinkerbell shirt that is S-I-C-K, that means sick.

1 comments:

Petey said...

Not to take a blow at your dreams, but I'm pretty sure Tinkerbell that flies over the castle is a man. Just one more fairy, I guess.

And sister, you're preaching to the choir. The biggest frustration of my life is that I can't be where I want to be (which might be Disneyland, but since we're talking career wise...). I know enough about myself that I know what makes me feel satisfied. I need creative stimulation, I need to be involved in a creationary process because that makes my life feel worthwhile, makes me feel like I fulfilled and giving to society.

Right now all I'm giving is a recommendation of pasta milano, which is always a guest favorite. The roasted garlic cream sauce and sun dried tomatoes make an oh-so-delicious selection for your dining pleasure.

This is why I'm glad you're there with me. We know the real truth that three hour meetings can't give: there is more to life than this and we've got to find it.

That's why I support your smart cookie (meaning both you and your business, naturally). I don't think its an impossible dream. And neither is me in filmmaking.

Trust me, after a year at the Mac, I'm pretty sure there's nothing my baby mama can't do.

Post a Comment